Link Building isn’t enough. Build Valuable Links!
Once upon a time, the best link building campaigns involved using the same anchor text and quantity was more important than quality. Then, along came some Google algorithm updates and the Penguin put an end to it all. Even websites with quality content were penalized for “spammy” back links.
How Does The Link Analysis Tool Work?
This tool looks at the source backlink you entered to determine if it is valuable, or if it is hurting your website. The information collected includes the Page Rank of a referring link, anchor text, whether it is live, and if that page is indexed by Google.
With that in mind, rather than looking for ways to cheat the system one should accept that cheaters never win. Here’s how to build quality links- which will always be very important for a high Page Rank.
1. Choose unique topics to write blog posts and articles about
2. Publish valuable guest blog posts on relevant, authority websites.
3. Use a variety of anchor text in your backlinks. You can even use the name of your business/website. The best anchor text is real, natural, and genuine.
4. Research the Page Rank and authority of another website before pitching a guest post. The more authority links you have, the better your own Page Rank.
5. Only post your link in forums, social bookmarking/networking sites or blog comments where you are active and keep the ratio of your promotional posts low to avoid being spammy